Activity 3 – Race to the Wetlands Game
Download Teacher Pages PDFActivity (Teacher Verison) PDF Download
Student version not available
Materials & Setup
For each group of six to eight students
• One die
• “Race to the Wetlands Game Board” (included with this curriculum)
• “Race to the Wetlands Instruction Card” (master, p. 36)
• “Race to the Wetlands Game Cards” (master, pp. 37-61)
• Six to eight player pieces (master, p. 62)
• Six to eight pennies
1) Divide students into groups of six to eight. Conduct the game. Use the game materials provided with the curriculum and the instruction card. This game is based on the ant collection activity and student reading assignments. Students will be “tested” on what they have read as well as learn new facts.
• Compare the game version of the race between ants and humans to the real-life efforts that people are making to prevent the arrival and establishment of red imported fire ants on Maui.
• Participation in the game