Unit 1 – Learning From The Mountain
Activity 3 – The Dating Game
Download Teacher Pages PDFActivity (Teacher Verison) PDF Download
Student version not available
Materials & Setup
In Advance Game Preparation
• Prepare game cards (master, pp. 35-48) by copying, cutting apart, and folding each in half along the dotted line. In this way, you will create a “front” and “back” of the card. The front will have only the card type and corresponding shape on the game board. The back will contain the question, answer, and/or playing instructions. You may wish to laminate these cards, as well as an instruction card for each group.
For each group of up to six students
• Game board (provided with this curriculum)
• 1 die
• Game instructions card (master, p. 34)
• Game cards (master, pp. 35-48)
• Six player pieces (small objects such as buttons, stones, or shells that can be easily distinguished)
• Participation in the game
• Optional: During the class period following the game, use some of the game cards to conduct an in-class written quiz. Draw cards randomly or select them in advance.